Cajun Turkey Steaks With Pineapple Salsa
MACROS Per Serving (Serves 4):
405kcal, C49g, F4g, P38g (Macros may vary on different brands)
10 Min Prep
30 Min Cook
1 Red Onion
1 Red Pepper, diced
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
200g Basmati Rice
450ml Chicken Stock
400g Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
4 Turkey Steaks
2 tsp Cajun Spice
150g Pineapple (Fresh or tinned) cut into small chunks
½ green Chilli finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Reserve 2 tbsp Onion for the Salsa.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan & cook the remaining onion & half the Pepper for 4mins or until soft.
3. Stir in the Rice & stock. Add the kidney beans & a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, stir once, cover the pan then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15min or until all liquid is absorbed
4. Dust the Turkey Steaks with the Cajun spice and griddle in a non stick pan (OR grill
under a medium heat) 4-6min each side (Ensure cooked through before serving).
5. Cut the pineapple into small chunks & mix together with the reserved onion, Pepper, Green Chilli & Lime Juice.
6. Spoon some salsa over each steak & Serve with rice.