Creamy Fish Bowl With Sweetcorn & Spinach
Kcals per portion 522 Fat 28g Carbs 32g Protein 34g
Ingredients (serves 2)
20g panko breadcrumbs
½ vegetable stock pot
½ tin sweetcorn
½ bunch flat leaf parsley
60ml low fat crime fraiche
200g baby spinach
300g smoked fish mix
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Halve, peel and thinly slice the shallot. Peel the potato and chop into roughly 2cm chunks.
2. Heat a 1tbsp of oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add panko crumbs and season with salt and pepper
and cook until golden, 3-4mins. Transfer to a bowl and clean pan with kitchen paper.
3. Add another 1tbsp of oil and pop back on a medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until soft, 5 mins. Pour
in 250ml water and stock pot then add the potato to the pan. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently until
the potato is cooked, 12-17mins.
4. Meanwhile drain and rinse the sweetcorn in a sieve. Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all). Add half the
parsley to the pan with the potato.
5. Once the potato is cooked, add the crepe fraiche and sweetcorn with a grind of pepper. Stir to combine into
the sauce. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, 3mins. Bring back to the boil, then nestle the fish into the
sauce. Cover with a lid, turn the heat to medium-low and simmer until the side is cooked, 5-6mins.
6. Season to taste with slat and moire pepper is needed. Spoon into bowls (trying not to break the fish up too
much). Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and the toasted crumbs.