High Protein Spaghetti Carbonara
Macros per serving (serves 4): 506Kcals, P42g, C68g, F7g
(macros may vary depending on brands used - you could use less spaghetti to reduce carbs)
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
• 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
• 1/2 Small Red Onion Diced
• 50g Sliced Mushrooms (use more if you
love the shrooms!)
• 2 Chicken Breasts Diced (300g)
• 8 Bacon Medallions
• 50g Light Philadelphia Cheese
• 400ml reduced salt chicken stock (I used an
• 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (15g)
• 350g Spaghetti
• 2 Tbsps Cornflour to thicken
1. Set a pan over medium heat and low-calorie cooking spray
2. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 mins
3. Fill a saucepan with boiled water and bring to the boil ready for the spaghetti.
4. Add the diced chicken, bacon and mushrooms to the frying pan and cook for a further 10-15mins
5. Whilst chicken etc are browning add the spaghetti to the saucepan and cook, drain once cooked
6. Now add the stock to the chicken and bacon etc, followed by the cream cheese, keep stirring until
cheese has melted and no lumps remain. Cook off for a minute or so then add cornflour to thicken. I
used 2 level Tbsp (make sure you make the cornflour with water don’t just throw the flour into the
7. Now add some parmesan, I used about 15g (or 1Tbsp).
8. Pour the cooked spaghetti into the mixture, or vice versa depending on the size of your saucepan. Best
served immediately with a bit of extra parmesan on the top!
• The carbonara can be left to cool and reheated for food prep however the second time cooked it’s
not as creamy!
• You could make the sauce cheesier by adding low calorie cheese (eat lean) or more Philadelphia.
• You could serve the carbonara with anything, doesn’t have to be pasta.
• For veggies, you could use Quorn chicken and Quorn bacon.