Low Fat Chicken Tikka Masala
MACROS Per Serving (Serves 4): 405kcal, C41g, F11g, P40g (Macros may vary on different brands)
You will require bamboo skewers or kebab skewers for grilling the tikka chicken
Requires Marinating for at least 30min or overnight if you can
10 Min Prep
25 Min Cook
2.5 tbsp Tikka Spice Mix
Juice 1⁄2 Lemon
1 tbsp oil
200g Greek Yogurt
400g Chicken Breast – Cut into bite size cubes
5 small shallots or one small onion
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tbsp tomato puree
1⁄2 chicken stock cube
1 cup water
1⁄2 tsp brown sugar or sweetener
1⁄2 tsp garam masala
5 sprays of 1 calorie oil spray
2 x 250g Microwaveable Rice Pouches
1. Prepare Marinade: Put 2 tbsp of tikka powder in a mixing bowl, add lemon juice, oil & half of the Greek Yoghurt. Mix together sprinkle with salt & pepper then add the chicken mixing well to ensure all the chicken is coated in the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 30minutes.
2. Take the chicken out of the fridge and thread onto the skewers
3. Heat the grill to medium heat. Put the skewers on a grill pan & grill until cooked right through (turning regularly so they don’t
burn) Should take around 15mins
4. Meanwhile heat up a frying pan or wok and spray some low calorie cooking spray. Add shallots and cook for around 5 mins,
stirring frequently so they don’t burn (you can add a few drops of water if they begin to stick)
5. Throw in the garlic, ginger, remaining 1⁄2 tbsp tikka powder, tomato puree, crumbled stock cube & stir together for around 1 min
6. Add the cup of water and let the mixture simmer until the shallots are soft. Add more water if necessary, the sauce should be a
gravy consistency at this point.
7. Turn off the heat & add the remaining 100g of greek yoghurt, sugar/sweetener & garam masala, stirring the whole time.
8. Pop the rice in the microwave as per packet instructions
9. Unthread the chicken from the skewers and add to the sauce, stir so all chicken is covered with the sauce.
10. Serve on the rice or whatever you choose.