Moroccan Meatball Bake
Macros: 546 Kcal Carbs 32g Fat18g Protein 49g
INGREDIENTS for 2 servings:
2 red potatoes chopped
1 red onion sliced into wedges
1 red pepper sliced
1 garlic clove crushed
10g panko breadcrumbes
250g lean beef mince
1.5tsp ras el hanout or Moroccan
spice (ras el hanout is available at Waitrose)
400g diced tinned tomatoes
1 small bag baby spinach
100g low fat feta crumbled
1. Pre heat oven to 200 and put a large saucepan of water onto boil. Add potatoes and cook for
2. Halve peel and chop red onion into wedges, remove core from pepper and cut into 1cm thick
slices. Put onto baking tray and spray with cooking spray, pinch of salt and grind of black
pepper. Roast in top of oven for approx. 20mins – turn half way through.
3. Peel and grate garlic, add panko breadcrumbs, beef mince and half ras el hanout, season with
salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix thoroughly together and shape into 6 even sized balls.
4. Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan on med/high heat. Brown the meatballs for approx. 5-7 mins
turning frequently so they colour evenly. Add diced tomatoes and remaining ras el hanout and a
pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 10 mins until reduced by half. Add spinach in batches, cook
until wilted – approx. 1-2 mins.
5. Spread potato and onion on ovenproof dish and when the meatballs are cooked through place
on top, pour over tomato sauce and sprinkle with feta and parmesan.
6. Preheat grill to highest heat and place dish under until cheese is bubbling and golden.
7. Serve in bowls and enjoy.