Easy Peasy Apple Berry Crumble
Macros & Calories Per Serving (Serves 6): 258kcals, C 46g, P 3.4g, F6g
For the Filling-
7 Braeburn Apples (about 800g)
150g Frozen/Fresh Berries of your choice
4 tsp of table top sweetener
1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Crumble-
60g Porridge Oats
120g Plain Flour
40g Muscovado Brown Sugar
(I used Demerara and it was fine)
2 tsp table top sweetener
1 tsp cinnamon
75g low fat spread
1. Preheat oven to 200*C/180*C fan
2. Peel the apples and chop them roughly in to 2cm chunks
3. Sprinkle 4 tsp of sweeter and 1 tsp cinnamon over apples and stew in just 50mls of water on
a medium heat with the lid on until the apples soften, that is enough water trust me, keep
stirring to move the apples around the pan.
4. Once they have become soft enough to crush easily with a spoon, turn the heat off and
allow to cool.
5. Combine porridge oats, plain flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2tsp sweetener and the brown sugar in
a large bowl and mix throughly. Using your fingertips and the spread and knead the
ingredients together to resemble crumble.
6. Drain some of the water from the apples. Pour apples in to an ovenproof dish, mix in the
berries and then sprinkle the crumble over the top.
7. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and biscuit like on the top.