Angi’s Favourite Protein Overnight Oats!
Kcals Per Serve (makes 1 serving)
Calories include all the toppings and extras that I have used in the recipe.
- 50g Oats
- 5g Chia Seeds
- Boiled Water
- 10g 0/5/10% Greek Yoghurt OR a splash of milk!
- 20g Protein Powder
- 80g Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 tbsp Nut Butter/nuts/spread of choice i.e. nutella/biscoff etc
- 1 tbsp Raisins (optional)
- 1 tbsp Seeds (optional)
- Weigh out your oats and chia seeds in a bowl/tupperware of your choice (I prefer a glass kilner jar), then pour boiled water 1/2 a cm above the height of your oats & chia mixture. Let this now soak for 5-30mins, the longer the better but if you’re short on time a few mins will do, just until all the water is soaked up.
- Ideally once cooled (again if you don’t have much time don’t worry) add your scoop of protein powder and mix, it will be a bit stiff at first but as the protein binds to the water it will loosen up the mixture.
- Now is the time to choose either your milk or your yoghurt. If you prefer really thick overnight oats use yoghurt, if you prefer more of a runny texture use milk. I never weigh/measure out either I just use a teaspoon of yoghurt/splash of milk, stir & mix in more if I feel like it needs a bit more wetness to the mixture. If it’s really wet and runny you’ll probably find that your overnight oats are the same, so go steady and slow with either yoghurt or milk.
- Add and stir in your raisins if using.
- Add your nut butter/nuts or spread of choice (I just leave mine in a dollop but you can stir it in if you want to.
- Now pour your frozen berries over the top and a sprinkle of seeds
- Pop into the fridge overnight & enjoy in the morning!
- You can make a batch of the overnight oats mixture in one big tupperware and then spoon it into smaller tupperware’s each morning, the mixture should last up to 5 days.
- If you don’t want to use protein powder I would just add a bit more yoghurt/milk.
- You don’t have to use frozen berries, you could use fresh berries, banana, kiwi…the world is your oyster!
Voila & enjoy!! If you want more recipes like this as well as workouts and much more, then you should try out Peach Club, you can sign up now for a free 7 day trial, just click the link below!